Hear yE, hear ye! Calling all foodies, fermentation revivalists and fans of lactic acid!
Boston’s first ever Fermentation Festival is being planned for late September – perfect timing to take advantage of the fall harvest and to learn how to prepare for the cold winter months! All are invited – from the novice to the experienced aficionado – as we cover all of fermentation’s bases, from cabbage to chemistry!
Here is a fantastic animation done for the Fermentation Fest by one of our organizers and animator extraordinaire, Klementina Budnik!
when: September 28:10am-2pm. specific workshop times TBD
where: Egleston Farmers Market, 45 Brookside Avenue, Jamaica Plain
why: because fermentation is the most ancient way to preserve, because it is healthy AND because fermented food are tasty!
Our Workshop, Lecture and Demo Agenda has been finalized! Read below for information on the various informational sessions we will be holding this Saturday!
- Geoff Lukas of Sofra and Jeremy Ogusky will give a collaborative demo on fermentation vessels, history, and techniques
- Marcos Sanchez of Tres Gatos will give a short & interesting fermentation demo including food that he uses in his own kitchen
- Alex Lewin, the author of the excellent source-book Real Food Fermentation
- Maddie Elling of Hosta Hill will give an exciting tempeh demonstation
- Andrea Chesman, the amazing author of Pickled Pantry, will give a simple & straightforward sauerkraut demonstation
- Liv Carrow of Hawthorne Valley Farm will give simple fermenting instructions for the novice fermenters
(2) delicious fermented food tastings such as tempeh, kombucha, sauerkraut, miso & pickles by New England fermenters including Real Pickles, the Urban Farm Fermentory, Westport Rivers Vineyard, and many others. We will also have multiple food trucks including Taco Party that will of course focus on amazing fermented ingredients.
To participate, volunteer or to share your ideas, contact Jeremy Ogusky (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To Register your business for this event, please submit payment to the Egleston Farmers Market via our PayPal account. If you are a licensed commercial food producer who will be sampling your product, please select the ISD License & Vendor Fee option; if you are a food maker who will be demonstrating and providing samples of the live demonstration, please select the Vendor Fee option.
|Fermentation Fest Fee|